Follow Henry Saiz
Hola Henry, es un placer charlar contigo por primera vez:
Hi Henry, it’s a pleasure to have a chat with you for the very first time:
1. How is the start of the 2022 looking for you? any special plans or goals for this year?
Hello! Well it was looking pretty good until that Putin psychopath started the war, right now while I’m replying this interview everything looks pretty weird to be honest. In terms of my music, it looks good, i´ve been extremely productive in the studio, singles and big remixes coming out, also my band is releasing new music an awe changed the name and the image of the project so lot of exciting things going on.
2. Looking back over the last two years, how has the pandemic impacted you professionally and personally?
Well, besides all the obvious negative impact i never been so connected to myself and the world around me, It feels like I´ve learned more about me and human nature during this last 2 years than the rest of my life, specially because i could go back in my memories of the last 10 years and kind of take a deep breath and analice my life.
Professionally I´ve done things I´d never thought I would like creating a project where i sing in spanish and talk about very personal stuff, it´s called H.Haze. Also my streaming show on youtube “At Home with Henry” and my Club on Patreon. To keep my mind healthy during this crazy times i´ve been learning and creating nonstop.
3. We know you’re about to release a new remix to German Brigante’s track ‘Get Strong For Me’ under Manitox label. How was the creative process and how did this remix come about?
German is a friend and he did a great remix for me for my track “The Bard” so I wanted to do the same for him. the track and the vocals were very inspiring so everything went smoothly in the studio, when you have great stems to work with is so much fun to remix. I think is a bomb, can´t wait for this to be out.
4. How do you see the electronic music scene in Spain? Any artists or projects you would like to highlight?
There are many amazing artists and producers in Spain and im happy to call them my friends, like German of course and also Edu Imbernon, Los Suruba, Marc Piñol and many others probably my favorite is my good friend Pional, such a genius.
5. You are an artist who for the last few years has had a busy schedule, playing all over the world every weekend. Could you tell me your top #3 performance to date?
It´s almost impossible to pick only 3 of the hundreds of gigs I´ve done but definitely some highlights could be playing at any of my Mirage parties, at Sonar festival or Glastombury, my 12 hours set in Stereo Montreal or more recently when i played with Hernan Cattaneo in Mendoza Argentina surrounded by The Andes.
6. Your record label Natura Sonoris has been very successful in recent years. Can you tell us what the next steps are with the label? Is there any upcoming releases we shouldn’t miss?
This year we want to release more music than usually specially from new exciting news that i´ve found over this last years, lot of good stuff to come!
7. What can you tell us about your future projects? Do we have to be aware of anything important?
In a few weeks we are gonna introduce the new name my band known as Henry Saiz & Band, now the project is called Moonlight Wolves and we´ve done an amazing album to be released this year. Also I just did a remix for one of my favorite bands of all time, can’t tell who yet but is a great surprise and im so excited about it.
8. Finally, what advice would you give to young artist who are just experiencing their first taste of “success” in the scene? How does one maintain a healthy head on their shoulders?
I think to be humble is something part of your education and mind set, im not sure if I could teach someone to be humble, that´s more like a parenting thing, but for those who are overwhelmed by sudden fame and success: keep real people around you, don´t take anything or granted, don´t think you deserve that for some kind of God´s plan because things don’t last forever and at the end of the day your actions are the only thing that will define you.